My grandma kept her home spot less, her cooking couldn’t be beaten and even in her 80s her complexion was that of someone 30 years younger.
Grandad had the best garden for miles around, he was able to fix just about anything with bits and bobs from the garage and they both lived well into their 90s with hardly an illness to their name.
They used traditional simple tips and tricks that had been passed down the genera tions. Many of these tips and tricks have been lost, so that’s why I’ve compiled all my grandparents tips plus more in The Traditional Household Handbook. Here are a few tips from the book:
● Make your toilet bowl sparkle with coke!
● See how your milkman can help protect your leather furniture
● Check out this great method for getting rid of shirt collar grime
● Draw on the power of this everyday object for smooth running zips
● Bring your china up like new with something that you use every day and watch as stains disappear
● Restore that ‘brand new’ shine to pots and pans, they will be as good as new
● Clean grime and grease from your oven – without the elbow grease
● Banish smells from shoes with baking soda, it’s true!
● Colours running in the wash? Turn to chapter 2 for top washday wonders
● Restore the gleam to your bath with old net curtains
● No more stubborn stains and odours in your microwave – here’s how to get rid of them easily
● Banish the headache of dull whites with an aspirin
● Unclog the toughest drains in a jiffy
● Discover how to remove stub born stains from clothing, carpets and upholstery
● Find out how hair spray can make your lino look like new
● Soak your dentures for lasting sparkle
● Use this everyday vegetable to soothe sunburn
● A golden secret that will help you keep the urge for a tipple at bay
● Reduce puffy eyes in just 10 minutes
● Relieve constipation and prevent its return – with this natural remedy
● Stop diarrhoea, vomiting and other tummy upsets with these amazing tips
● Help clogged arteries with this vinegar
● Soothe arthritic pain with this ingredient added to your bath
● Kill nicotine cravings with this creamy concoction
● This yellow fruit is great for anyone with a nervous disposition
● Soothe tired, sore feet with this pepper in your socks
● Homemade cure for athlete’s foot
● Can’t get to sleep? Try this natural remedy for a good night’s rest!
● Sharpen blunt scissors with this quick, kitchen-shelf solution
● Increase energy efficiency in your home with these amazing tips
● Here’s a tip for the silkiest and sweetest of complexions
● Banish puffy ankles with this kitchen cupboard ingredient
● Take a leaf from this book to improve the flavour of fish
● Add this to a turkey dish for a guaranteed taste sensation
● Keep wasps at bay with this excellent gardener’s trick
● Great tips for stronger nails and hair
● Keep those pesky garden pests away from your flower beds with this amazing everyday repellent
● Keep fresh-cut flowers looking beautiful – for weeks!
The Traditional Household Handbook will open your eyes to simple ways to solve every day problems! You’ll save money and time… and be amazed at how many so-called ‘essential’ branded products can be eliminated and replaced with inexpensive alternatives!